What are the Gay Games?
The Gay Games are an international multi-sport and culture festival. It is run by the LGBT community for everyone regardless of sexual orientation, gender, age and sporting ability. Running every four years since 1982, the next Games are in Paris in 2018 and 15,000 people are expected to participate in 36 sports. Out In Hong Kong is aiming to bring this amazing carnival to Hong Kong in 2022. It is expected that hosting the Games will bring at least half a billion HK$ economic impact to the city.
We need your help to progress the bid
Money #1: The second phase registration fees of US$5,000 are due by 31st July. We are looking for a sponsor donor who sees the potential in backing the Hong Kong 2022 Bid. Email email@example.com for more details about this.
Money #2: The final phase registration fee will be due by 30th November. We will be launching a range of fundraising activities over the coming months so this final fee is sourced from the community.
Expertise and enthusiasm: We are looking for people who can contribute to the Bid. No act of support is too small!
Invite your friends to like this Facebook page. Word of mouth is the single biggest way to build support for the Bid. Take 2 minutes and invite 10 friends now!
Follow, like and share the bid news on Twitter and Instagram @gaygameshk2022
Letters of Support – Can you provide us with a letter of support from your place of business? Email gareth@outinhk if you’d like some ideas about how to approach this.
Specific sports or cultural event coordinator: Would you like to work with our Sports and Cultural Events Directors to lead on one or more particular sporting or cultural event?
Human Rights Conference Director: to draw together the relevant themes of this integral part of the Gay Games festival
Director of Development to lead the team effort that is already underway in gathering corporate sponsorship for the 2022 Games
Our progress so far
• Hong Kong is the first Asian city ever to be long-listed to host the Gay Games
• US$2,500 first phase registration fees has been donated generously from Joint Dynamics
• A team of 10 Directors is driving progress on the Bid, in partnership with many others
• A meeting is scheduled with the Home Affairs Bureau to discuss government support later this month
• A long list of sport events and first and second choice venues has been identified
• Proposals are being drafted for five new events to be pitched to the Federation of Gay Games, including Dragon Boating, Trail Running and Tower Running
• Daylight Partnership have led on the digital media strategy, promoting the Gay Games and Hong Kong as a host city through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to great effect. @gaygameshk2022
• With 2,200 IG followers and 1,750 Twitter followers, we now have the largest social media following of any of the LGBT grassroots 2022 Bid Campaigns
• We are in discussion with a number of corporate partners about how they can lend expertise and financial support to the Games.
• This exciting project is moving forward at great pace and we look forward to some big announcements over the coming months.